New Central Equipment Identity Register (CEIR) Scheme web portal Find Your Lost / Stolen Mobile Phone
Hello friends now you can easily find your stolen or lost mobile phone by Making Complaint Registration at ceir.gov.in Official Website this is a new portal for stolen or lost mobile phones .
About the scheme
This new scheme has been launched by the central Government. Basically, this is a web portal to make complaints regarding lost or stolen mobile phones. A newly launched portal is the Central Equipment Identity Register (CEIR) Portal at ceir.gov.in to report the theft of phones. now people can make complaint registration at CEIR official website and file an FIR and also can inform DoT by a helpline number 14422. Now the by IMEI verification central government will help the poeple to find their lost or stolen mobile phones.
Telecommunication department has already worked on the Central Equipment Identity Register (CEIR) since 2017, This is an information base (database) of IMEIs (International Mobile Equipment Identity). It is a 15-digit novel number that recognizes cell phones as India has over a billion remote supporters. Now The minister of Telecom Mr. Ravi Shankar Prasad has launched the web portal ceir.gov.in to report the theft of phones. A pilot project for this CEIR Scheme has started in the state.
Procedure to How CEIR Scheme Portal Helps to Find Your Stolen/Lost Mobile Phone
Friends this procedure has been already planned how this CEIR portal will find your mobile phone doesn’t matter phone has been lost or stolen.
- Initially, the people whose cell phone is rundown should record an FIR in the closest Police Station.
- At that point, the people should illuminate DoT by means of a helpline number 14422.
- After police objection, DoT will boycott the IMEI number. This would bring about handset being impeded to get to any portable organization in the future.
Block Your Device – Make Complaint Registration Online @ ceir.gov.in
If any one has lost his/her mobile phone or in any case mobile phone has stolen, they can block the device by using any one procedure which are given below:
By using this website, through submitting a form on website by following steps-
- File a report at the police station, and also keep a copy of the report.
- Get a copy SIM Card for the lost number from your telecom specialist organization (eg, Airtel, Jio, Voda/Idea, BSNL, MTNL, and so on.).
- Prepare your records – a duplicate of the police report and an Identity Proof must be given. You can likewise give the versatile buy receipt.
- Round out the solicitation enrollment structure for obstructing the IMEI of lost/taken telephone and connect the necessary archives.
- Once your submission gets done, you will get a Request ID. This same ID can be used for checking the status of your request and for unblocking the IMEI in the future.
Through TSP’s specified customer outlets.
Through State Police.
In the wake of finishing the previously mentioned measure, the gadget would be viably put forth excess in defense of taken/lost cell phone. With this equivalent IMEI number, cell administrator would likewise have the option to impede telephone from getting to organize. The CEIR will likewise approach GSMA worldwide IMEI information base which would permit examination of IMEI numbers to distinguish fake handsets.
GSMA is a worldwide body which speaks to cell administrators, gear creators, programming and web organizations and so forth in the telecom biological system. This would guarantee worldwide participation in issues of handset robbery.
Central Equipment Identity Register (CEIR)
A Central Equipment Identity Register is an information base of the IMEI quantities of boycotted handsets. On the off chance that a gadget ESN or IMEI number is recorded on CEIR, at that point it won’t chip away at part specialist organization organizations. This implies on the off chance that an individual’s portable is taken, at that point client can make a report to put their IMEI no. gone into CEIR. This will make gadget unusable in any organization in the event of taken/lost cell phone.
CEIR is prominently known as IMEI DB (information base) framework in which network administrators share their individual boycotts with each other. This is done so as to guarantee that administration is denied for specific gadgets which shows up on boycott.