Gujarat, Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan 2021 for Water Conservation
Gujarat govt. to launch 4th phase of Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan 2021 for water conservation, create an additional capacity of rain water storage, ponds & check dams to be deepened Read the complete article below.
Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan Launch
Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan: Gujarat state government has asked the Water Resources Department to embrace fourth period of Sujalam Sufalam Water Yojana from 1 April to 31 May 2021. Under this plan, govt. does different works like extending of lakes, de-silting and fixing of existing water bodies, cleaning, fixing and support of water trenches, cleaning of streams, lakes and others to resuscitate the waterway. In this article, we will educate you concerning the total subtleties of the Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Scheme. On the 58th Foundation Day of Gujarat (1 May 2018), CM Vijay Rupani had dispatched Sujlam Suflam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan for water preservation. Gujarat govt. had begun this mission from the Ankleshwar Tehsil situated in the Bharuch region. Under this abhiyan, govt. principle center was around making an extra limit of 11000 lakh sq.ft of downpour water stockpiling. Moreover, around 13,000 lakes and check dams must be extended alongside rebuilding of regular water assets.
Progress of Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan till 2021
- As many as 16,170 lakes have been cleaned and deepened since SSWY began in 2018.
- Moreover-silting of 8,107 check-dams and 462 reservoirs has been undertaken.
- Repairing of 2,239 check-dams has been done on time.
- Construction of 568 new lakes and 1,079 new check-dams has also been completed over the past three years.
Gujarat government has claimed. As a result of these works, the water harvesting capacity of the state has increased by 42,064 lakh cubic feet in the last three years,
Need for Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan
Water is the fundamental asset for the comprehensive improvement of the state. Govt. presently understands this thing and is putting forth steady attempts towards water preservation. CM Vijay Rupani had himself run a JCB Machine to uncover soil for the development of lake in Kosmadi town while denoting the authority dispatch of the Sujalam Sufalam Water Yojana back in year 2018. Rebuilding of all the conventional water sources will give a lift to the economy of the state. Additionally, this abhiyan will likewise give work freedoms to individuals to procure their business.
Salient Features of Sujalam Sufalam Water Yojana
The significant highlights and features of this water preservation crusade during its dispatch in 2018 years were as per the following:-
- Under this Sujalam Sufalam Jal Sanchay Scheme, the objective was to preserve the traditional water assets and to develop around 13,000 lakes and check dams.
- This Sujalam Sufalam Water Yojana focused to make an extra 11,000 lakh sq. ft limit of downpour water stockpiling.
- For Sujlam Suflam Jal Sanchay Abhiyan, in excess of 4000 JCB Hitachi Machines were to be utilized for soil unearthing.
- What’s more, around 8000 additional farm vehicles and unloaders were likewise to be utilized for this reason.
- All the prolific soil coming out because of the extending of lakes and registration were to be given to the overall population without a solitary penny of royality.
- The essential focal point of this mission was to restore 32 streams having length of 340 km in 30 locale of Gujarat
- Indeed, even a little lake development in Kosmadi of around 27 hectares was intended to determine the water issue of around 25 towns.
- Channels having length of approx. 5400 km and little water channels with around 580 km of length were to be cleaned in this water preservation drive.
- Moreover, govt. needed to complete around 10,750 water preservation and insurance works under MNREGA Scheme.
CM additionally dispatched different projects like Kabirvad Development Project (approx. 40 crore), Mukhyamantri Apprentice Yojana to give Rs. 4500 every month as allowance (approx. 300 crore) and financed PNG to BPL families alongside this water protection plot.